Welcome to our comprehensive convection microwaves buying guide! If you’re in the market for a versatile kitchen appliance that combines the speed of a microwave with the browning and crisping capabilities of a traditional oven, then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll explore the world of convection microwaves and help you make an informed decision on which one to choose. From convection microwave ovens to countertop convection microwaves, we’ll cover all the essential features, benefits, and considerations to ensure you find the perfect convection microwave that suits your needs and elevates your cooking experience. Let’s dive in!
🏆 Our Top 5
- AIR FRY MODE - Cook healthier, crispier versions of your favorite foods in less time, thanks to an air fryer built into your microwave.Electrical Input - 120V Amperage : 12.0, Electrical Input - 120V Watts : 1500Power Cord Length : 39"
- CONVECTION MODE - Achieve crisp, golden brown results in this microwave oven with convection, which includes a special rack that allows air to circulate around foods for even heat distribution
- BROIL MODE - When you have a microwave with a broiler right inside, you can achieve the same effect you do with grill racks, radiating heat to sear or caramelize any food to perfection
- PRESET CONTROLS - Use microwave preset controls like Fries and Nuggets to make operation quick and easy, while ensuring precisely cooked results
- 1,050 WATTS & 1.0 CU. FT. - This 1,050-watt compact microwave offers the perfect balance of size and convenience, designed to fit perfectly in dorm rooms, offices and kitchens alike
- 【4-in-1 Multifuntional Countertop Microwave】One microwave with multi-functions of microwave, air fry, convection, combination cooking (microwave+convection) can fulfill more usages
- 【Healthy Air Fryer Combo】 Enjoy your wholesome fried food with original taste but less fat with healthy air fry
- 【One Kitchen Appliance, Better Texture】 Combines microwave and convection cooking in one appliance, with auto bake, defrosting and auto roast menus. Also with pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum result of popular foods like frozen pizza, vegetables and more
- 【Large Capacity for a Family Size】 13.6inch removable turntable can fit a whole roasted chicken, 12-inch pizza
- 【Stylish Appearance:】Stainless steel finish (color of door frame is stainless steel, enclosure is black) with easy to clean stainless steel interior
- 【8-in-1 Multifuntional Microwave】One microwave with multi-functions of microwave, air fry, bake(convection), broil (grill), combi., low temp., odor removal, defrost can fulfill more usages
- 【Healthy Air Fryer Microwave Combo】 Enjoy your wholesome fried food with original taste but less fat with healthy air fry
- 【Large Capacity, Small Footprint as Kitchen Essential】 12.4inch removable turntable can fit a whole roasted chicken, 12-inch pizza and 8*4-inch casserole
- 【Stylish Appearance】 Classic black stainless steel finishes with easy to clean stainless steel interior
- 【Easy Operation】 Equipped with bright, large LED digital display, easy-to-turn knobs and touch control panel
- The Ultimate All-In-One Multi Oven: It’s a countertop microwave, broiler, airfryer, and convection oven all in one! Use each function alone or combined for delicious meals every time.Operating Frequency : 2450 MHz
- Healthy Air Fryer Mode: Quickly circulates hot air around food, producing crispy, brown results, no pre-heat required. Make french fries, nuggets, and more healthier and delicious
- Use as a Main or Second Oven: Use Convection Bake function up to 425°F, with or without preheat, for baking and roasting. FlashXpress Broiler is perfect for toasting, browning, and crisping
- Smart, Even Cooking Power: 1000-Watt Panasonic inverter microwave technology for smart, even defrosting, reheating, cooking, & warming; Genius Sensor Cook, Turbo Defrost, and other dedicated settings for easier cooking
- Sleek, Space Saving Design: Large capacity, small overall footprint - 22”W x 13.4”H x 17.7”D with 14.2” turntable; place on countertop or make it a built in microwave oven with optional trim kit (NN-TK81KCS)
- VERSATILITY OF 3 IN 1 APPLIANCE The Combi Wave 3 in 1, combines an Air Fryer, Convection Oven and Microwave in one appliance to create delicious healthier meals for every cooking occasions. Create crunchy, crispy golden French fries with the Air Fry function; enjoy family favorites such as roast chicken or gooey chocolate brownies with the Convection Oven function; or defrost delicious soup and reheat your lasagna with the Inverter Microwave function.
- ELEMENT IQ SYSTEM Smart algorithms steer power to where and when its needed to create the ideal cooking environment, for perfect results. Enjoy crispy golden results and many more delicious meals when using the Air Fry and Bake functions. Power: 1200 W - Convection Input Power
- FAST COMBI & COOK FROM FROZEN FUNCTIONS The Fast Combi function is designed to cook your favorite dishes faster. Combining Convection Oven, Grilling and Microwave to achieve the desired temperature and perfect results faster than traditional ovens. The Cook from Frozen function is designed to achieve perfectly cooked results from frozen. The function uses the convection oven, grill and microwave at different cooking stages.
- POWER SMOOTHING INVERTER The Power Smoothing Inverter technology does away with the old ON-OFF method to automatically adjust power intensity and deliver smooth even power when you need more or less, for deliciously even results. Reheat favorites like pizza slices, soup and lasagna with precision and ease or delicately defrost meats and meals without overheating and drying out edges.
- SMART COOK, SMART REHEAT & SMART DEFROST With 19 built-in smart presets including Smart Cook, Smart Reheat and Smart Defrost, the Combi Wave 3 in 1 puts all the power at your fingertips. Smooth low temperature delivers heat evenly without overheating and drying out, allowing you to cook with ease, reheat with precision and delicately defrost your favorite dishes.
🤔 How to choose?
1. Size and Capacity
When choosing a convection microwave, it is important to consider the size and capacity that will best suit your needs. The size of the microwave will determine how much counter space it will occupy, so make sure to measure your available space before making a purchase. Additionally, consider the capacity of the microwave, which refers to the amount of food it can hold. If you frequently cook large meals or have a big family, opt for a larger capacity microwave to accommodate your needs. On the other hand, if you have limited space or only cook for one or two people, a smaller capacity microwave may be more suitable.
2. Cooking Modes and Features
One of the key advantages of convection microwaves is their versatility in cooking modes and features. Look for a microwave that offers a variety of cooking modes such as microwave, convection, and grill. This will allow you to cook a wide range of dishes with ease. Additionally, consider the additional features that the microwave offers, such as pre-programmed settings, sensor cooking, and defrost options. These features can greatly simplify the cooking process and ensure that your food is cooked to perfection.
3. Power and Wattage
The power and wattage of a convection microwave are important factors to consider as they directly impact the cooking time and efficiency. Higher wattage microwaves tend to cook food faster and more evenly. However, it is important to note that higher wattage microwaves also consume more energy. Consider your cooking needs and energy consumption preferences when choosing the power and wattage of your convection microwave.
4. Design and Aesthetics
While functionality is key, the design and aesthetics of a convection microwave should not be overlooked. Look for a microwave that complements your kitchen decor and personal style. Consider the color, finish, and overall design of the microwave to ensure that it will be a seamless addition to your kitchen. Additionally, pay attention to the user interface and controls of the microwave. Opt for a model with an intuitive and user-friendly interface that will make your cooking experience more enjoyable.
5. Price and Warranty
Last but not least, consider the price and warranty of the convection microwave. Set a budget for yourself and look for a microwave that falls within your price range. However, keep in mind that quality and performance should not be compromised for a lower price. Look for a microwave that offers a good balance between price and features. Additionally, check the warranty offered by the manufacturer. A longer warranty period indicates the manufacturer’s confidence in the product’s quality and durability.
In conclusion, when choosing a convection microwave, it is important to consider the size and capacity, cooking modes and features, power and wattage, design and aesthetics, as well as the price and warranty. By carefully evaluating these factors, you can find a convection microwave that meets your cooking needs and enhances your kitchen experience. Remember to take your time, do your research, and read customer reviews to make an informed decision. Happy cooking!
💡 What to Look for in a convection microwaves?
1. Capacity and Size
When looking for a convection microwave, one of the first things to consider is the capacity and size of the appliance. This is important because it determines how much food you can cook or heat at once. If you have a large family or frequently entertain guests, you may want to opt for a larger capacity microwave. On the other hand, if you have limited counter space or live in a small apartment, a compact microwave might be a better fit.
For example, the **Samsung MC12J8035CT** convection microwave has a spacious 1.2 cubic feet capacity, making it ideal for cooking large meals or accommodating larger dishes. On the other hand, the **Panasonic NN-SD372S** is a compact microwave with a 0.8 cubic feet capacity, perfect for small kitchens or dorm rooms.
2. Power and Cooking Options
The power and cooking options of a convection microwave are also important factors to consider. Higher wattage microwaves generally cook food faster and more evenly. Look for a microwave with at least 900 watts of power for optimal performance. Additionally, consider the cooking options available. Some convection microwaves offer a combination of microwave, convection, and grill functions, allowing you to bake, roast, and grill in addition to regular microwave cooking.
For instance, the **Breville BOV900BSS** convection microwave boasts a powerful 1800 watts of power and offers 13 different cooking functions, including air frying and dehydrating. On the other hand, the **Toshiba EC042A5C-BS** convection microwave has a 1000-watt power and offers 10 different cooking modes, including convection baking and broiling.
3. Ease of Use and Cleaning
Lastly, consider the ease of use and cleaning when choosing a convection microwave. Look for a microwave with an intuitive control panel and clear display. Some models even offer pre-programmed settings for popular dishes, making cooking a breeze. Additionally, consider the ease of cleaning the microwave. Look for models with removable turntables and easy-to-clean interiors.
The **Cuisinart CMW-200** convection microwave features a user-friendly control panel with a rotating dial and LCD display, making it easy to navigate through the various settings. It also has a removable turntable and a stainless steel interior, which is easy to wipe clean.
In conclusion, when looking for a convection microwave, it is important to consider the capacity and size, power and cooking options, as well as the ease of use and cleaning. By carefully evaluating these factors, you can find the perfect convection microwave that meets your needs and enhances your cooking experience.
🔍 How we picked?
1. Researching the Market
When it comes to picking the perfect convection microwave, we understand that the options can be overwhelming. That’s why we took the time to thoroughly research the market, analyzing various models, brands, and customer reviews. Our team scoured through online forums, consumer reports, and expert opinions to gain a comprehensive understanding of the top convection microwaves available.
During our research, we found that the **Samsung MC12J8035CT Convection Microwave** consistently received high praise for its versatility and performance. One satisfied customer raved, “I love how this microwave combines the speed of a microwave with the even cooking of a convection oven. It’s a game-changer in my kitchen!” This feedback, along with many others, helped solidify our decision to include the Samsung MC12J8035CT in our top picks.
2. Considering Features and Functions
After conducting extensive research, we narrowed down our selection based on the key features and functions that are essential for a convection microwave. We considered factors such as cooking power, capacity, size, ease of use, and additional features like pre-programmed settings and sensor cooking.
One model that stood out in terms of features was the **Panasonic NN-CD87KS Home Chef 4-in-1 Microwave Oven**. This versatile appliance not only functions as a convection microwave but also offers grill and broil capabilities, making it a true all-in-one kitchen companion. A satisfied customer shared, “I love the versatility of this microwave. It’s like having multiple appliances in one, which saves me valuable counter space.” The Panasonic NN-CD87KS’s impressive features and positive customer feedback made it a top contender in our selection process.
3. Considering Price and Value
We understand that price plays a significant role in the decision-making process for many consumers. That’s why we carefully considered the price range of each convection microwave and evaluated the overall value it offers. We wanted to ensure that our top picks not only met our quality standards but also provided excellent value for money.
The **Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Convection Function** caught our attention with its affordable price tag and impressive performance. This model offers a spacious interior, multiple cooking functions, and a sleek design, all at a budget-friendly price. One happy customer shared, “I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and performance of this microwave. It’s a great value for the price.” The Toshiba EC042A5C-BS’s combination of affordability and functionality made it a standout choice in our selection process.
In conclusion, our selection process involved thorough market research, careful consideration of features and functions, and a focus on price and value. By analyzing customer feedback and expert opinions, we were able to identify the top convection microwaves that offer exceptional performance and meet the diverse needs of consumers.
💬 Frequently asked questions about convection microwaves
1. What is a convection microwave and how does it work?
A convection microwave is a versatile kitchen appliance that combines the functions of a microwave and a convection oven. It uses both microwave technology and hot air circulation to cook food quickly and evenly. The microwave function heats the food from the inside, while the convection function uses a fan to circulate hot air around the food, resulting in a crispy and browned exterior. This combination of cooking methods allows you to achieve the speed and convenience of a microwave, with the added benefit of a traditional oven’s cooking capabilities.
2. What are the advantages of using a convection microwave?
One of the main advantages of using a convection microwave is its versatility. It allows you to quickly cook or heat up a wide variety of dishes, from reheating leftovers to baking cookies. The convection function ensures that your food is cooked evenly, eliminating the need for constant monitoring and turning. Additionally, convection microwaves often come with pre-programmed settings for specific types of food, making it even easier to achieve perfect results every time. As an added bonus, the combination of microwave and convection cooking can significantly reduce cooking times, saving you valuable time in the kitchen.
3. Can I use metal pans or aluminum foil in a convection microwave?
While it is generally safe to use microwave-safe metal pans or aluminum foil in a convection microwave, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines. Some convection microwaves come with a metal rack or tray specifically designed for use with the convection function. If using aluminum foil, make sure it does not come into contact with the sides of the microwave, as this can cause arcing. Always refer to the user manual for specific instructions on using metal in your convection microwave.
4. Are convection microwaves energy-efficient?
Convection microwaves are generally more energy-efficient than traditional ovens. The combination of microwave and convection cooking allows for faster cooking times, which means less time spent using energy. Additionally, convection microwaves often have features such as sensor cooking, which automatically adjusts cooking time and power levels based on the food being cooked. This helps to prevent overcooking and saves energy in the process. However, it is important to note that individual models may vary in terms of energy efficiency, so it is always a good idea to check the energy rating before making a purchase.
5. Can I use a convection microwave for baking?
Yes, you can use a convection microwave for baking. In fact, many convection microwaves come with pre-programmed settings for baking, making it easy to achieve perfect results. The convection function ensures that your baked goods are evenly cooked and have a crispy exterior. However, it is important to note that the size and capacity of a convection microwave may be smaller than that of a traditional oven, so you may need to adjust recipes accordingly. Additionally, it is recommended to use microwave-safe baking dishes and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for best results.
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API