Welcome to our comprehensive electric snow throwers buying guide! If you’re tired of shoveling snow the old-fashioned way, electric snow throwers are the perfect solution for you. With their powerful motors and efficient design, these machines can effortlessly clear your driveway and walkways in no time. In this guide, we will walk you through everything you need to know before making a purchase, including key features, top brands, and important considerations. Say goodbye to back-breaking labor and hello to a hassle-free winter with our expert advice on finding the best electric snow thrower for your needs.
🏆 Our Top 5
- [VERSATILE]: Ideal for quick snow pickups on mid-sized driveways and walkways
- [POWERFUL]: 15-amp electric motor moves up to 25 tons/hr. Of snow and clears a 22-in x 13-in path in a single pass
- [LED LIGHTS]: 2 x 1.5 W LED lights facilitate night-time snow removal
- [STEEL AUGER]: All-steel auger cuts 22 in. Wide by 13 in. Deep path with each pass
- [RECOMMEND]: We do recommend customers use a certain gauge and length extension cord. Do not use extension cord over 100 ft (30 m)
- 13 amp motor delivers powerful results for gas alternative
- Adjustable 180 degree directional chute makes snow throwing manageable ; Easy electric start for hassle free operation
- Discharge snow up to 20-feet. 7-inch wheels for greater mobility
- Only works on 120 volts ; 20-inch clearing path and 10-inch clearing depth
- ULTIMATE EFFICIENCY: Experience superior performance with the 80V Li-ion system for maximum efficiency.
- QUIET BRUSHLESS MOTOR: Enjoy quiet operation and maintenance-free use with advanced brushless motor technology.
- EFFORTLESS SNOW CLEARING: Clear driveways, sidewalks, patios, and more quickly with a 20-inch clearing path, and tackle up to 10 inches of snow depth effortlessly.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SNOW DISPLACEMENT: Easily adjust snow direction with the 180-degree rotating chute.
- OPTIMAL BATTERY USE: Ensure peak performance by using batteries stored at room temperature; cold batteries might impact starting.
- ELECTRIC POWERED SNOW THROWER - This Residential/Light Commercial capable Snow Thrower Shovel is designed for all DIY or Professional applications; Capable of delivering 10" x 5" (inch) deep clear path, efficiently and quick; Built to meet residential/commercial grade quality standards and provide dependable performance
- GEARHEAD SPECS - This Snow Thrower has a powerful 20V all electric motor capable of removing snow and providing a 10" inch Wide x 5" inch Deep path, powerful enough to move 300lbs of snow per minute, while capable of a Max Throwing distance of 25' feet, making the job quick, efficient and easy
- SUPERIOR UNIQUE FEATURES - At the push of a button this lightweight and compact electric shovel allows for easy operation and the Adjustable Ergonomic Handle allow for comfort of use and the Curved Dual Auger Blades make quick work of snow clearing, while saving you the time and labor, without breaking your back
- SAFETY and BEST APPLICATION - Always wear the appropriate eye and hand protection, DO NOT submerse the Snow Thrower in water/liquid; Works great for quick snow jobs around the house on hard surfaces like: Patios/Decks, Sidewalks, Driveways, Walkways, Steps, Entryways and other residential areas
- ELECTRIC POWERED SNOW THROWER - This Residential/Commercial capable Electric Snow Thrower Shovel and Blower is designed for all DIY or Professional applications; Capable of delivering a clear path, efficiently and quick; Built to meet residential/commercial grade quality standards and provide dependable performance, making this a solid choice
- PROFESSIONAL SPECIFICATIONS - This Snow Thrower has a powerful 120VAC 15Amp all electric brushless motor capable is of removing snow and providing a 18" inch Wide x 10" inch Deep path, powerful enough to move 720lbs of snow per minute, while capable of a Max Throwing distance of 25' feet with each pass, making the job quick, efficient and easy
- ECO and USER FRIENDLY - Unlike gasoline-powered blowers this snow blower produces no smog and are quieter, making it a reliable choice; MAINTENANCE-FREE - No gas, oil or tune-ups needed, which makes for an effortless to start and maintain experience; Complete with 2 LED headlights to clear paths day or night
- DESIGN FEATURES - This electric snow blower utilizies a Adjustable 180 degree capable Rotating Discharge Chute that removes the snow upto 25 feet away; The Curved 2-Blade Cold and Abrasion Resistant Polypropylene Auger Blades, makes quick work of snow clearing while saving you the time and labor and the ergonomic handle allows for comfort of use without breaking your back
- SAFETY - Always wear the appropriator eye and hand protection, DO NOT submerse the Snow Thrower in water/liquid; BEST APPLICATION - Works great for removing snow from mid-to-large sized snow jobs around homes or properties with hard surfaces like: Patios/Decks, Sidewalks, Driveways, Walkways, Steps, Entryways and other residential/comerical areas
🤔 How to choose?
1. Power and Clearing Capacity
When choosing an electric snow thrower, one of the most important factors to consider is its power and clearing capacity. The power of a snow thrower is measured in amps, and the higher the amp rating, the more powerful the machine. A higher amp rating means that the snow thrower will be able to handle heavier snowfall and clear larger areas more efficiently.
2. Corded or Cordless
Another important consideration is whether to choose a corded or cordless electric snow thrower. Corded models are typically more powerful and have unlimited runtime since they are connected to a power source. On the other hand, cordless models offer more freedom of movement and are not limited by the length of the cord. However, they may have a shorter runtime and may not be as powerful as corded models.
3. Clearing Width and Depth
The clearing width and depth of a snow thrower determine how much snow it can remove in a single pass. A wider clearing width means that the snow thrower can clear a larger area with each pass, reducing the time and effort required to clear the snow. Similarly, a greater clearing depth allows the snow thrower to handle deeper snow more effectively. It is important to consider the size of the area you need to clear and the average snowfall in your area when choosing the clearing width and depth of your snow thrower.
4. Ease of Use and Maneuverability
Snow throwers come in various sizes and designs, and it is important to choose one that is easy to use and maneuver. Look for features such as adjustable handles, ergonomic grips, and easy-start mechanisms that make operating the snow thrower more comfortable and convenient. Additionally, consider the weight and size of the snow thrower, as a lighter and more compact model will be easier to maneuver, especially in tight spaces or on uneven terrain.
5. Additional Features and Accessories
Lastly, consider the additional features and accessories that come with the electric snow thrower. Some models may have adjustable chute direction and angle, allowing you to control where the snow is thrown. Others may have headlights for improved visibility in low-light conditions. Additionally, look for accessories such as snow brushes or drift cutters that can enhance the performance and versatility of the snow thrower.
In conclusion, when choosing an electric snow thrower, it is important to consider factors such as power and clearing capacity, corded or cordless operation, clearing width and depth, ease of use and maneuverability, as well as additional features and accessories. By carefully evaluating these factors and choosing a snow thrower that meets your specific needs and preferences, you can ensure efficient and hassle-free snow removal during the winter season.
💡 What to Look for in a electric snow throwers?
1. Power and Clearing Capacity
When looking for an electric snow thrower, one of the most important factors to consider is its power and clearing capacity. The power of a snow thrower is typically measured in amps, with higher amp ratings indicating more power. A higher power snow thrower will be able to handle heavier snowfalls and clear larger areas more efficiently.
For example, the Snow Joe SJ623E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower boasts a powerful 15-amp motor, allowing it to clear up to 720 pounds of snow per minute. This makes it an excellent choice for those living in areas with heavy snowfall.
2. Clearing Width and Depth
Another important consideration when choosing an electric snow thrower is the clearing width and depth. The clearing width refers to the width of the path the snow thrower can clear in a single pass, while the clearing depth refers to how deep the snow thrower can effectively remove snow.
A wider clearing width means that you will be able to clear a larger area in less time, while a greater clearing depth ensures that you can effectively remove even deep snow.
For instance, the Greenworks 2600502 13 Amp 20-Inch Corded Snow Thrower has a clearing width of 20 inches and a clearing depth of 10 inches. This makes it ideal for clearing medium-sized driveways and walkways quickly and efficiently.
3. Maneuverability and Ease of Use
When purchasing an electric snow thrower, it is important to consider its maneuverability and ease of use. Look for features such as adjustable handles and chute direction control, which allow you to easily maneuver the snow thrower and direct the snow where you want it to go.
Additionally, consider the weight and size of the snow thrower. A lightweight and compact snow thrower will be easier to maneuver and store.
The Snow Joe SJ625E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower is a great example of a snow thrower that offers excellent maneuverability and ease of use. It features an adjustable handle and a 180-degree adjustable chute, allowing you to easily control the direction of the snow. Furthermore, it is lightweight and compact, making it easy to maneuver and store.
In conclusion, when looking for an electric snow thrower, it is important to consider factors such as power and clearing capacity, clearing width and depth, as well as maneuverability and ease of use. By carefully evaluating these factors, you can find the perfect electric snow thrower that meets your specific needs and ensures efficient snow removal during the winter months.
🔍 How we picked?
1. Power and Performance
When it comes to electric snow throwers, power and performance are key factors to consider. A powerful motor ensures that the machine can handle heavy snowfall and throw it a significant distance. Look for a snow thrower with a motor that has a high amp rating, as this indicates a stronger and more efficient machine. For example, the Snow Joe SJ623E Electric Single Stage Snow Thrower boasts a powerful 15-amp motor, allowing it to clear up to 720 pounds of snow per minute.
2. Clearing Width and Depth
The clearing width and depth of a snow thrower determine how much snow it can handle in a single pass. A wider clearing width means you can clear a larger area in less time, while a greater clearing depth ensures that the machine can handle deep snow. Consider the size of your driveway or walkway and choose a snow thrower with the appropriate clearing capacity. The Greenworks 2600502 13 Amp 20-Inch Corded Snow Thrower, for instance, has a 20-inch clearing width and can handle snow up to 10 inches deep.
3. Ease of Use and Maneuverability
Nobody wants to struggle with a heavy and cumbersome snow thrower. Look for a machine that is lightweight and easy to maneuver, especially if you have a large area to clear. Features such as adjustable handles and easy-glide wheels can make the task much more comfortable. The Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Single Stage Snow Thrower is a great option for those seeking maneuverability, as it is cordless and weighs only 32 pounds.
In conclusion, when choosing an electric snow thrower, it is important to consider factors such as power and performance, clearing width and depth, as well as ease of use and maneuverability. By selecting a machine that meets your specific needs, you can ensure efficient snow removal without breaking your back. Remember to read customer reviews and consider the warranty offered by the manufacturer to make an informed decision. With the right electric snow thrower, you can tackle even the heaviest snowfall with ease and enjoy a clear and safe outdoor space during the winter months.
💬 Frequently asked questions about electric snow throwers
1. What is an electric snow thrower and how does it work?
An electric snow thrower is a powerful machine designed to quickly and efficiently remove snow from driveways, walkways, and other surfaces. Unlike traditional gas-powered snow blowers, electric snow throwers are powered by electricity, either through a cord or a rechargeable battery. These machines work by using an auger to scoop up the snow and throw it out through a chute, clearing a path in the process. Electric snow throwers are lightweight, easy to maneuver, and emit zero emissions, making them a popular choice for environmentally-conscious homeowners.
2. What are the advantages of using an electric snow thrower?
Electric snow throwers offer several advantages over their gas-powered counterparts. Firstly, they are much quieter, making them ideal for use in residential areas where noise restrictions may apply. Additionally, electric snow throwers require less maintenance, as they do not require oil changes or spark plug replacements. They are also more environmentally friendly, producing zero emissions and reducing carbon footprint. Lastly, electric snow throwers are generally more affordable than gas-powered models, making them a cost-effective choice for homeowners.
3. Are electric snow throwers as powerful as gas-powered ones?
While electric snow throwers may not be as powerful as gas-powered models, they are still capable of clearing significant amounts of snow. The power of an electric snow thrower is measured in amps, with higher amp ratings indicating greater throwing distance and clearing capacity. For most residential purposes, an electric snow thrower with a power rating of 12-15 amps is sufficient. However, if you live in an area with heavy snowfall or have a large driveway, you may want to consider a more powerful gas-powered snow blower.
4. Can electric snow throwers handle wet and heavy snow?
Yes, electric snow throwers are designed to handle wet and heavy snow. However, it is important to note that the throwing distance and clearing capacity may be reduced when dealing with wet or heavy snow. To ensure optimal performance, it is recommended to clear snow promptly and not let it accumulate too much before using the snow thrower. Additionally, using a snow thrower with a higher amp rating will provide better results when dealing with wet or heavy snow.
5. Are electric snow throwers easy to use?
Yes, electric snow throwers are generally easy to use. They are lightweight and maneuverable, allowing for easy navigation through tight spaces. Most models also come with adjustable handles and chute direction controls, allowing users to customize their snow clearing experience. Additionally, electric snow throwers often feature push-button start systems, eliminating the need for manual pulling or priming. Overall, electric snow throwers are designed with user convenience in mind, making them a user-friendly option for homeowners.
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API